Force Options is a complete professional training service. We have assembled the finest training staff available. Each instructor is a master in their field and brings decades of experience to the table. Take a moment and meet the Force Options Staff.
The President and founder of Force Options Tactical Training Service is Fred Mastison.
Mr. Mastison is a professional firearms, defensive tactics, personal protection instructor. He has been training in CQB / CQD style combatives for over three decades and is recognized internationally as one of the top Firearms and Defensive Tactics instructors in the world.
Mr. Mastison is a member of the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association and has produced several DVDs with topics ranging from advanced defensive tactics to advanced knife defense and firearms training. He is also a published author on the subject of Defensive Tactics training and instruction. His courses are recognized and certified by several state law enforcement POST agencies and officers receive professional credit for attendance. He currently holds 16 seperate POST course certifications around the U.S.
Mr. Mastison has had the fortune of training extensivly with some of the finest instructors in the world. His vast experience has allowed him to provide an extreme variety of training. He is a certifying instructor for law enforcement firearms instructors in Missouri in handgun, patrol rifle, shotgun and sub machine gun. He is nationally NRA certified instructor in multiple dicsiplines. He is a Master Instructor in light automatic weapons and is regularly in demand for automatic weapons courses. His certifications include:
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Certified Firearms Instructor
- Arizona Department of Public Safety CCW Instructor
- State of Missouri Dept of Public Safety certifying instructor for law enforcement hangun instructors
- State of Missouri Dept of Public Safety certifying instructor for law enforcement shotgun instructors
- State of Missouri Dept of Public Safety certifying instructor for law enforcement rifle instructors
- State of Missouri Dept of Public Safety certifying instructor for law enforcement sub machne gun instructors
- Certified Glock Armorer
- Certified 1911 Armorer
- NRA Certified Handgun Instructor
- NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
- NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
- NRA Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
- NRA Certified Inside the Home Personal Protection Instructor
- NRA Certified Outside the Home Personal Protection Instructor
- Graduate - Special Advanced Tactical Handgun Course - American Small Arms Academy
- Graduate - Tactical Low-light Handgun Course - Larry Vickers / Vickers Tactical
- Graduate -Tactical handgun Course - Larry Vickers / Vickers Tactical
- Graduate - Tactical Carbine Course - Larry Vickers / Vickers Tactical
- Distinguished Graduate - Front Sight 4 day Defensive Handgun - 2x
- Graduate - Front Sight Practical Rifle course
- Graduate - Blackwater Tactical Lifesaver Course
- Certifed Kyusho Jitsu Instructor - Kyusho International
- Graduate - Humane Pressure Point Control
- Certified Monadnock expandable baton
- 5th degree Black Belt - Aikido
- 7th degree Black Belt - Aikijitsu
Over the last 20 years Mr. Mastison has work with hundreds of personnel from different agencies. His courses have been used to augment and modify defensive tactics courses and firearms training all over the United States. Below is a condensed list of agencies and individuals he has worked with:
- U.S. Army 1st Armored Division Ready Marksmanship Unit
- U.S. Army 1st Infantry Division
- 1st I.D. Long Range Surveillance Detachment
- U.S. Army Rangers
- U.S. Marine Corps MCAS Miramar PMO - Marine Security Detachment
- U.S. Marshals Service
- Jackson County Sheriffs Department - WY
- Athens Police Department -GA
- Maricopa County Sheriffs Office - AZ
- Nashville Metro Police Department -TN
- Sevier County Sheriffs Office - TN
- Tennessee Emergency Management Agency
- Tennessee Bail Enforcement Agency
- Killdeer Police Department - IL
- Galesburg Police Department - IL
- Jackson Police Department - WY
- Bureau of Land Management Law-Enforcement Division
- Department of the Interior
- Mesa SWAT - AZ
- Chandler Police Department - AZ
- Tempe Police Department - AZ
- Scottsdale Police Department - AZ
- North Palm Beach Police Department - FL
- Lyons Police Department - IL
- Northfield Police Department - IL
- Glencoe Police Department - IL
- Bellwood Police Department - IL
- City of Chandler, Arizona
- City of Glendale, Arizona
- City of Phoenix, Arizona
- City of Manhattan, Kansas
- Junction City, Kansas
- Matson Navigation - International Shipping
In 2002 Mr. Mastison was inducted into the United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame for his achievement in the Martial Arts over 35 years (Aikido) and again in 2004 as the Defensive Tactics Instructor of the Year. Additionally, Mr. Mastison is an instructor and private contractor for executive & dignitary protection and private security consultant for U.S. and International Corporations.
Jim Corn is the executive officer for Force Options and oversees operations abroad. Mr. Corn served both as a US Army paratrooper as well as a police officer. Additionally he is one of the highest ranking Kyusho Jitsu instructors in the world. He travels around the world teaching the practical use of pressure point techniques. He has been active in teaching pressure point work and combatives for almost four decades. He has been featured in numerous DVDs on the subject and is one of the best known experts in the world.
Mr. Corn is the founder and president of Copperhead Road Defensive Firearms Training. He is a master pistol shooter and considered to be a gifted gunfighter. His firearms experience adds a depth to Force Options that can not be matched by any civilian organization.
Deputy Tracy Smith is an experienced Law Enforcement Officer with over a decade and a half of active law-enforcement experience. She began her career in law enforcement in 1992 at a small agency in central Florida after graduating her academy with a distinguished service award. In 1996 she joined the Village of Royal Palm Beach Police Department where she was a department instructor in several high liability areas, including Advanced Expandable Baton, Handcuffing, Defensive Tactics, and Use of Force. In 2006 the Village of Royal Palm Beach Police Department merged with the Palm Beach County Sheriffs Office. During her tenure with both agencies, Deputy Smith has spent several years assigned to the Palm Beach County Sheriffs Office Organized Crime Bureau Task Force as well as the US DEA Task Force. She joined Force Options USA as an instructor in 2005 after completing the Defensive Tactics Instructor Course. She has completed the requirements and now holds the position of Master Defensive Tactics Instructor Trainer. Tracy is a vital member of our team and brings a solid skill set to the table. Tracys instructor certifications include:
- Master Defensive Tactics Instructor Trainer
- Redman Expandable Baton
- Redman Intermediate use of Force
- Redman Chemical Aerosol Projectors
- Practical & Tactical Handcuffing
- Monadnock Advanced Expandable Baton
- Department of Homeland Security WMD Programs (General WMD Instructor – Federal Level)
Ms. Smith brings a solid background of policing skills and experience to the Force Options Team.
Mr. Ayala is a strong asset to the Force Options team with over 20 years of law-enforcement experience. Mr. Ayala spent a great deal of time in the United States Border Patrol where he served in many capacities including Intelligence Officer. He has been active in the development and utilization of the BORTAC tactical unit and has spent a great deal of time in Central America. He soon came to be the BORTAC team leader. Mr. Ayala has been awarded some of the countries most distinguished law-enforcement awards including the International Narcotics Enforcement Officers Association Medal of Valor, the Newton - Azrak Award, and recognition for a heroism by being featured on the CBS series "Top Cops". Mr. Ayala now works with BLM as an investigator and tactics instructor. Mr. Ayala is a Federal Law-Enforcement Training Center certified Defensive Tactics Instructor as well as an accomplished martial artist. He has taught classes around the world on subjects ranging from Tactical Tracking and Surviving a Gun Fight, to Weapon Retention and Temporary Border Development. Mr. Ayala is an extremely valuable member of the Force Options team and serves primarily in a consultation role at this time. We look forward to the future when he can be a full time member of our team.
Officer Chicas has been in law enforcement since 1996. He worked for four years as a Community Service Officer with the Redwood City PD until the year 2000, when he was hired by the Belmont PD as a sworn peace officer. Officer Chicas has been a student of mixed martial arts since 1994. He has been a Defensive Tactics Instructor with the Belmont PD since 2003.
He currently has two California POST Defensive Tactics Instructor certifications, as well as Nevada and Missouri POST Defensive Tactics Certifications. Officer Chicas has been a Defensive Tactics Instructor for three years with the South Bay Regional Public Safety Training Consortium in the San Francisco Bay Area, where he teaches at the local Police Academies. Officer Chicas is also a certified Master Instructor Trainer through Force Options.
Force Options Handgun Instructor
Mr. Horn serves as a handgun instructor and range safety officer for Force Options training events. Mr. Horn is an accomplished shooter and excellent instructor. He has been a personal range assistant to Mr. Mastison on numerous training events including automatic weapons courses and handgun training. He brings a great deal to every course he is involved with and we are fortunate to have him on staff.
Allen Nichols is a NRA Certified Firearms Instructor with many years of experience. His love and passion for training has made him a patent instructor for new shooters as well as seasoned veterans. His career began in the USAF during the First Gulf War. He was a professional instructor for the FTO training division and was the lead instructor for the Emergency Medical Training for flight line personnel. Allen has almost 2 decades of experience in the Emergency Medical Field, both in the trenches as well as an instructor. As a firearms instructor, he has taught countless firearm courses for Concealed Weapons Licensing as well as Tactical Rifle and Pistol. He also instructs edged weapons defense classes including EDC and Karambit. Allen has appeared several times on local news channels as a subject matter expert on Women’s Self Defense and Safety in the Urban Environment.
Taylor is currently a Sergeant in the US Army Military Police Corps, where he trains both in firearms and combatives. He was a machine gunner for 4 years, with a 13 month combat tour to Iraq in 2005-2006. He is currently a Police Officer in Bolivar, MO and an instructor in Defensive Tactics (Force Options), Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Taser. All for Law Enforcement. He was an amateur boxer for several years and a member of the Springfield Fight Club of Springfield, MO.
His current certifications include:
- Advanced Rifle and handgun for SWAT (Bear Creek)
- Instructor Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun, and SMG (Force Options)
- User/Special Response Team Level on all 4 gun (Bolivar PD)
- Top Gun Spring 2007 (Best Shot, Drury Law Enforcement Academy)
- M2, M249, M240B, MK19, M16A2, M9 (US Army - Expert in all 6 guns)
- Range Safety (US Army)
I am pleased to announce that we have added another member of the Force Options team Officer Michael Magill has spent an extensive amount of time in Force Options courses ranging from our DT to LEO firearms instructors courses. I am very picky about who we bring into our organization and that has served us well. Mike reflects the highest qualities that we look for in an instructor and warrior.
In addition Ofc. Magill is the owner and lead trainer for World's Finest K9 Services and Security. A company dedicated to providing the highest quality working dogs to law enforcement and the safety minded homeowner. Specializing in narcotic detection, patrol dogs, personal protection dogs, and tracking. We can customize a high quality K9 partner to fit your needs. We are excited to have Mike aboard!
Force Options Representative for Germany / Europe
Mr. Pfeifer is long time professional in the security industry and the point man for Force Options in Europe. His summarized CV is as follows:
- started to work in the private security sector in 1990
- areas he has worked in:
- Event Security
- Personal Security
- Site / Asset Protection
- Reception Security
- Patrol Security
- Fire Post
- 1990-1996: worked his way up from to director of operations
(worked in different security firms)
- got into business for himself (Confid Security Service) in 1996
- worked as Security Consultant for several security firms (1999-2007)
- 2004-2006: CEO of VSD Service GmbH & Co KG, Frankfurt o.M.
- 2004-2008: CEO Confid GmbH, Frankfurt o.M.
- since 1999: company officer with statutory authority (Confid GmbH & Co KG)
- since 2012: branch manager and data protection officer for a nationwide operative security firm in Frankfurt o.M.
- security associated education:
- Fire Safety Engineer
- Plant Protection Sepecialist (IHK)
- Security Officer (VBG)
- Dog Handler (K9)
- tested Instructor aptitude
Bryant is a long time asscoiate of Force Options and has been training with us for years. He holds 2 masters degress and a bachelors in Justice Studies. He is a graduate of alomost every course we offer and is an exeptional instructor. Bryant embodies the term Subject Matter Expert. He is also the owner of .45 Tactical Designs. A company producing the highest quality holster and tactical gear on the market. We are proud and excited to have Bryant join our exceptional staff! His background is as follow:
Force Options School of Dynamic Combat
Certified Tactical Handgun Instructor
Defensive Tactics Instructor
Close Quarter Combat
American Board for Certification in Homeland Security
Hamas: The Relationship Between Political Violence & Islam
4 Common Myths about Chemical & Biological Terrorism
Fundamentals of Terrorism
Technology and Terrorism
A Paradigm Shift: Seven Steps to Rapid Planning
Sunni-Shia Conflict: Evidence of a Greater Islamist Movement
Campus Security: An Overview
TERRORISTS IN PRISON: The Challenge Facing Corrections
American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
Terrorism and Public Safety Policing
Preventing Workplace Violence
CPP Certification Review Course
The Dozen Hats of Leadership
Cyber Security: Defining the Threat
Corrections Corporation of America, CCA
Corrections Officer Academy
Chemical Agents / SIMS Certification
Incident Management Teams / Incident Management
CPR/ AED / First Aid 4 minute Response
Use of force
Art of Leadership
Samberg Frontline Leadership Workshop
Department of Homeland Security: Emergency Management Institute
Principles of Emergency Management
Decision Making and Problem Solving
Leadership & Influence
Workplace Security Awareness
Emergency Management Preparedness Fundamentals
Homeland Security Network (webinars)
Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, Phoenix, AZ
Qualified Armed Posse Man Academy (125 hours)